The new 5.4 is approaching release candidate status and the first beta was just released. The project is waiting for the XFCE 4.6 to be released before finishing the Zenwalk 5.4 release that will have the biggest changelog ever in the history of Zenwalk.
New features include:
- Kernel 220.127.116.11 with gspca (supports many USB webcams)
- XFCE 4.6 (beta2, already very stable)
- Faster boot (tunned init scripts, with realtime I/O scheduler)
- PAM authentication has been added to the system
- Wicd is becoming the main network configuration tool
- Improved suspend/hibernate, with XFCE Power Manager
- new Netpkg with orphan dependencies and "offline operation" support
- New Zenpanel with integrated Disk Manager, Wifi and Wired Network Manager
- Gksu keyring based desktop granting system
- New artwork
- Many new applications
See the release notes for more information and links to downloads.