Music in the terminal

I like to have some background music when I am not doing anything demanding complete concentration. I practically never use Rhytmbox or Amarok for playing music, as there are some simple text mode applications that fully answer to my needs.

At the moment, my favourite music player is mp3blaster. It uses a nice ncurses interface and is simple enough to use.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us



Most probably mp3blaster can be installed from the package repositories of the distribution you use.

2 comments:

zmjjmz said...

cplay is another good choice.
K. Mandla has a post about it .

Mikko said...

Could be.

It just installed dozens of megabytes in dependencies when I tried it a few days ago on openSUSE 11.0, and broke the sound system.

I have to try to fix it...